Workforce Industry Training
In partnership with the Nuclear Power Institute &
the Texas Engineering Experimentation at
Texas A&M University
This program is for high school students who have interest in expanding their knowledge and understanding and/or careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). More specifically, the program is designed for mentoring and encouragement to prepare students for STEM-rich programs at universities, two-year technical colleges, and technical certificate programs. By participating in WIT, students gain exposure to higher education and career opportunities while building the confidence to consider further STEM education. While the founding emphasis is based in nuclear energy and technology applications, the program is broadly open to all aspects of STEM applications. The WIT program engages students through local sponsors within participating schools in the State of Texas.
Visit the NPI website: https://npi.tamu.edu/
WIT offers benefits and opportunities such as:
- The educational tools and support to pursue opportunities in STEM technical fields.
- Enjoy mentoring activities by industry professionals
- Visit local industry partners
- Participate in industry job shadowing
- Take part in professional development activities
- Visit universities and community colleges
- Participate in community service
- Hear from and meet guest speakers
- Have scholarship opportunities
How do I join WIT?
To be eligible for WIT you must:
|2019 Matagorda Day in Austin--
WIT president Carson Ohlen talked to legislators about NPI & WIT.