I am Sra. Calderon. This is my 13th year at Columbia High School. I teach Spanish 2 and Spanish 3. This year I have all Spanish 2 classes. I am also the Spanish Club Sponsor.
You may reach me at my e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (979-345-5147 X2408)
Classroom Supply Test
Students will have a voc test on 9/4 over classroom supplies. we will get voc list on 8/27. They should start studying so they can get a good grade.
Information Sheet and Syallbus for Spanish 2
Information Sheet for Spanish 2 Mrs. Calderón
- Red grading pen 6. Note cards
- Blue or black pen 7. Crayons or markers
- Folder with pockets and brads
- Notebook paper
- Spanish /English dictionary
- Students will treat everyone with respect.
- Students will use appropriate language.
- Students will not tease others while speaking Spanish.
- Students will keep hands, feet, and objects to themselves.
- Students will be quiet when Sra. Calderon is addressing the class.
- Bring all supplies paper, pens, books, & smiles. You will not be allowed to go get your supplies.
- Be in your set seat when the bell rings.
- LATE WORK > *1 day late = 20% off *2 days = 40% off *3days =50% off ******** 4 days late 0 ( I WILL NOT TAKE AT THIS POINT)
- Raise your hand when wanting to be heard.
- Do your warm up.
- Get your make up- work after instructional time, test will be given during tutorials after school.
Parents I am looking forward to teaching your children a new language and culture. I will encourage and challenge them to feel comfortable with the new language and cultural aspects of the Latin American world. Please contact me for any questions or concerns at 345- 5147(2408) / email@example.com
Thank you, Mrs. Calderón-Alvarez
Syllabus for Spanish II
Mrs. Calderón: 979-345-5147 ext. 2408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference period: 7:25-8:17
Test Grades: Count 50% of six weeks grade
- Chapter Tests
- Daily Grades: Count for 50% of six weeks grade
- Book work
- Vocabulary Review / Flashcards1st six weeks
- Course overview
- People and family
- Describing friends and family members
- Asking about people and routines
- Nouns, adjectives
- Present tense regular verbs
- Stem changing verbs
- Direct objects
- Reflexive verbs
- Country : Mexico > Project : Paper - Mexico’s Independence DUE DATE : Sept. 16
2nd six weeks
- Asking people what they do for a living
- Indirect object/pronouns
- Verbs : dar, decir,
- Verbs : saber and conocer,
- Verbs : ser, & estar
- Affirmative and Negative commands
- Country : Peru > Project : Paper - Latin Stars Professions DUE DATE : Nov.13
3rd six weeks
- Places around town
- Asking where someone went and what they did
- Perterite of car, zar, gar verbs
- Perterite of conocer,
- Irregular verbs and steam changers
- Commands : formal and informal / irregular commands
- Country : Dominican Republic > Project : Poster -Design Your Town DUE DATE : Dec13
- Competitions and emotional reactions
- Talking about how something turned out
- Reacting to injuries, and illness
- Irregular preterite : ponerse, decir, ser and estar
- Verbs with reflexive pronouns and direct objects
- Past participles
- Parts of body
- Country : USA > Project – Poster : Body parts DUE DATE : Feb. 5
5th six weeks
- Telling someone to hurry
- Perterite of poder and traer
- Verbs with reflexive pronouns
- Possessive pronouns
- Negative expressions
- Country : Costa Rica > Project- Paper/ Poster : Routine For A Week DUE DATE : April 8
6th six weeks
- Childhood activities
- Talking about what you used to like and dislike
- Saying what you used to do
- Imperfect tense
- Imperfect of ir and ver
- Verbs : ser, estar, ceer, leer, oir
- Country : Spain > Project – Paper/ Poster : When I Was A Child DUE DATE: May 13
I have posted information sheet and syllabus for Spanish 2.
Good luck and have a great year